As mentioned before, we came, we saw, he killed us but not before we had him down to 57%. For a nine-man team of non-hardcore raiders I think that was pretty bloody good.
Of those in the group, three have raided him and got kills in 10 & 25, six have never seen him in the flesh and of those one had seen him via tankspot. So given that most of the group were working on descriptions of the fight I think this was pretty excellent.
So, things to focus on, things to remember, what’s missing
- Tanks, some more mitigation on our bear (I think we’re going shopping)
- Tanks, make sure we’re calling which way we’re moving during the spank phase
- Melee, a little more time to get him positioned, and potentially moved, particuarly when he’s against a wall, that was a pain to handle.
- Melee, dodge those coldflames
- Ranged, we need the pewpew mage, between Oxana and Keone the spikes are dead in no time, which means the melee don’t need to spend time running which means more boss time.
- Spikes, kill them, kill them quickly
- Heals, not much I don’t think, lots of healing, and make sure there is cover when one healer is spiked.
- Heals, do we need additional healing to smooth things out?
Marrowgar is an execution fight, more about making sure we deal with the problems he throws at us and staying alive than raw damage on the boss (there are plenty of pure DPS checks inside ICC but we’re not anywhere close to those at the moment). The motto in this fight is “stay alive”.
In 10-man normal he has a 10 minute enrage timer, the rough numbers from Sunday indicate we’re popping 24k raid dps (just short of 5 minutes to nuke him down), so with an additional ranged and experience we’re going to be completely safe on the timer.
So everyone can line up their shopping list…
I was wrong when I stated there was no Saronite on Marrowgar, he drops one. The current plan (had a discussion with our glorious leader), the plan is to flog the saronite for the best price we can get and use the proceeds to give a payout to the team to cover raiding costs. Now if that’s not an incentive to get him down I dammed if I know what is.